Who are we?
The IARS International Institute is user-led and user-focused charity with a mission to give everyone a chance to forge a safer, fairer and more inclusive society. Over the last 10 years, the Institute has been providing world-class and cutting-edge educational, research, policy and networking services of local, national and international significance. We are focused on empowering the most marginalised communities through direct service delivery, while enabling organisations to achieve, measure and improve their social impact.
Our constitutional arrangements
The IARS Articles of Association state that the charity is set up "To promote and contribute to the development and civic participation of young people, children and adult members of the community as individuals and members of society by:
- Providing an infrastructure, training, guidance and support to enable them to undertake research, studies or other activities to investigate the issues which affect them and;
- Encouraging, supporting and facilitating them to acquire a voice in democratic life, and use the useful results of that research and learning to increase awareness and understanding of the issues which affect them including amongst others decision makers, governments, policy makers, service providers and the public.
Delivering our charitable mission
We deliver our charitable mission:
- By carrying out action research and evaluation that is independent, credible, focused and current
- By acting as a network (locally, nationally and internationally) that brings people and ideas together, communicates best practice and encourages debates on current social problems
- By supporting individuals and grass roots organisations to carry out their own initiatives to shape decision-making, and by helping them to maximise their social impact
- By being an authoritative, independent and evidence-based voice on current social policy matters.
Led by its founder and Director, Professor Dr. Theo Gavrielides and staffed with a dedicated team of experts, interns and volunteers, the IARS International Institute is known for its robust, independent, evidence-based approach to solving current social problems. We are acknowledged internationally for our expertise in justice, equality and youth, and have delivered projects in areas such as restorative justice, rehabilitation, human rights and inclusion, citizenship, public services and user-led research/ evaluation.
We also have a mission to transform young people’s lives by enabling them to have a better future, and participate equally and democratically in civic life. IARS' young people learn to inform policies and practices affecting them whether at a local, regional, national or international level. We are dedicated to helping deliver the EU Youth Strategy by "Investing and Empowering" our young people. To read some of their stories click here
IARS is guided by is three founding values.
To read about our services and what we can offer to you click here